Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Smores Project


Hi there! I have something crafty related to share with you today that I took photos of because it was too cute to NOT share.

I made up these little S'mores bags for my son's Cub Scouts Blue & Gold annual dinner. We decided on a camping theme, which was totally fitting. I found the inspiration on Pinterest and made my own version.

I started out taking red and orange tissue paper and cutting them into rectangles. These happened to fit perfectly the width of my clear bags.


I then alternated the piles so I could grab one stack and stuff into the clear baggies. I used 2 sheets of each color, alternating them. These will be your "flames."



 I then stuffed the tissue into the bags and set them aside.


And for the YUM part - the S'mores! I used Golden Grahams cereal, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips. I bought them separate and mixed them in the biggest bowl I have.


And there is another shot, just because.


And one more at a different angle. 


I used 2 cups per baggie. I had willpower with this project.


Here is the baggie with the snacks measured out. What I did was put 1 cup on either side of the tissue so it was evenly distributed.


And here they are all tied up. I made a LOT of these. 160 to be exact!


 Here they are on the tables. We placed 10 (one for each seat) in a circle around the table numbers to mimic a campfire. They were definitely a HIT at Blue & Gold!!


I hope you enjoyed my little project today! I provided all the photography for the event as well. I will post those in another post! Stay tuned by following my blog via e-mail. 

New Leaf Photography | www.newleafphotography.net | Portrait Photographer in Northern Illinois

No comments:

Post a Comment